Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cartagena

 Cartagena is one of the most amazing cities I have ever been to. It is beautiful. The architecture is historic and unique, it sits directly on the ocean and contains an incredibly rich culture. Everyone in Colombia is extremely friendly and welcoming. I come to Cartagena when I need to embrace my urban-loving side... cities are where I feel most at home. One of my biggest worries of living in Santa Ana is feeling trapped or stir-crazy because I have only ever lived in cities, but I'm glad to know that I have Cartagena nearby to turn to when I start to feel as though I may lose my mind here. It has not happened yet, and I don't think it will happen anytime soon (I am still most definitely in the "honeymoon phase")... However, if it does, Cartagena is absolutely the most perfect city to be a "happy place" for me.


















3 comments:

  1. Yo la amo Cartegana tambien. (Not sure of my Spanish, but delighted you'll be improving yours).

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures, that place looks amazingggg!

    ReplyDelete